Blue Cheese Burger Recipe with Pomegranate Onion
A flavorful blue cheese burger recipe topped with a pomegranate onion relish to balance the flavor with freshness and sweetness.
Servings 4 burgers
- 1 pound 500 grams ground beef chuck (or other high-quality ground beef)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Pomegranate Onion Relish
- 2 pomegranate seeds
- 1 medium red onions sliced half-moon
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
Blue Cheese Sauce
- ¾ cup (145 grams) sour cream
- 1⅓ cups (240 grams) mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup (115 grams) blue cheese crumbled
- Butterhead lettuce cleaned and dried cleaned and dried
- 4 hamburger buns buttom
Make the Burgers
Create 4 patties from the ground beef. Heat the vegetable oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat. Add the patties and sear them on both sides. Lower the heat to medium-low then cook them for another 5 minutes to medium (see note 1). Remove them from the pan and wrap them in tin foil.
Place the bottom part of the buns in the grill pan with the inside down. Cook for about 3 minutes or until they get a nice crust.
Form the burgers by adding a dollop of blue cheese sauce to the bun. Place the butterhead lettuce, then the burgers, and top it with the onion relish.
- Remember that the patties will continue to cook when you let them rest in tin foil, so always take them out before the optimal doneness.