This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that I have recommended. My opinion is still my own. It won't cost you anything and will help me create more content for you. Also, I'll be forever grateful for your support!
made with lemon rosemary garlic butter
I love oven roasted chicken! It’s juicy, it feeds a crowd and more importantly, the oven is the one doing all the work. Since we’re in the holiday spirit I decided to share a recipe that you can put on your Christmas table. This Lemon Rosemary Oven Roasted Chicken recipe is certainly a good contender.
What gives the chicken so much flavor is the butter made with garlic, lemon, and rosemary. I rub the chicken with the butter over its skin but also under the skin so I can get as much flavor as possible. In the oven, the butter becomes oil which the chicken will absorb. The result was a delicious chicken that I presented on a radio Christmas show and devoured the next day for lunch.
A tasty and juicy oven roasted chicken with lemon, garlic and rosemary butter and an easy-to-make mango-coconut sauce
- 2 kg whole chicken
- 80 gr unsalted butter softened
- 6 rosemary sprigs
- 7 cloves of garlic big
- 2 tsp lemon zest grated
- salt & pepper
- 2 lemons
- 2 onions in quarters
- 120 ml dry white wine
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 100 grams mango chopped
- 1 chili pepper chopped
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1.2 tsp smoked paprika
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the unsalted butter in a bowl. Mince 3 rosemary sprigs and 3 cloves of garlic. Add this to the butter with the lemon zest. Season with salt and pepper
- Pat the chicken dry and rub the butter mixture on the skin, under the skin, and inside the chicken. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan. Crush the 4 cloves of garlic and stuff 2 inside the chicken and place the remaining 2 in the roasting pan. Add 1 rosemary spring in the chicken and the remaining two in the roasting pan. Slice 1 lemon and add the slices inside the chicken. Cut the other lemon in two and place this in the roasting pan. Cut the onions in quarters and place 3 inside the chicken and the rest in the roasting pan. Add the white wine to the roasting pan. Twine the legs together and place it in the oven.
- Let the chicken roast, breast-up, in the oven for about 20 minutes then turn the chicken and baste it with its juices. Let it roast for another 30 minutes and until lightly browned and turn it breast up again. Baste the chicken again with its juices. Let the chicken roast again until lightly browned and when the thermometer register 155-160 degrees (about 30 minutes more).
Add all the ingredients (except salt & pepper) in a food processor and blend them together. Season with salt and pepper. Before serving, warm the sauce for about 20 seconds in the microwave