Dips are often a huge success at parties and also very easy to make. This chili con carne dip recipe is no different. You can make it before your gathering and just warm it up when it’s time for serving, so you don’t have to worry about cooking while entertaining.
You can dress and underdress this recipe at your liking (or to your guest’s taste). Think about adding guacamole, sour cream, or avocado on top of the dish or in a bowl on the side. You can be as creative as you want with his dish. Don’t worry, it will only improve this chili con carne dip recipe.
Chili con carne was our go-to weeknight dinner recipe. But, it wasn’t mine only. It was my in-law’slaws go-to recipe as well. So, not only did I bombarded myself with the same dish every time, I also got bombarded at my in-laws with the same dish. Now it has been more than a year since I had a bowl of chili con carne simply because I had beans coming out of my ear. But now I thought it was time jump on that Tex-Mex wagon again and I’m glad I did.
The chili con carne dip recipe turned out to be even better than my usual chili con carne recipe. Adding the cheese on top to let it melt makes it extra tasty. I also used lime flavored nacho chips instead of the normal one and the tangy flavor of the chips created an explosion of flavors. So, even though my chili con carne dip recipe below stated to use natural nacho chips recipe, I highly recommend using lime-flavored nachos, like the Tostitos Lime Tortilla Chips. You can also add red beans to the dish, but I felt like adding the beans would make it messy. Dips are messy enough as it is and I’m not looking to make it messier.
Chili con Carne Dip Recipe with Nacho Chips
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 500 gr ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 0.5 tsp oregano dried
- 0.5 tsp coriander powder
- 0.5 tsp cumin
- 0.5 smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 can diced tomato
- 0.5 beef cube
- chopped scallion garnish
- Shredded Jack and Cheddar cheese mix garnish
- 1 bag Nacho chips lime-flavored or natural
- Heat a pan over medium heat with olive oil. Add the onion and cloves and cook it till golden brown. Add the ground beef and cook it for about 10 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder, oregano, coriander, cum, paprika, and salt and pepper to taste. Mix and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Add the water, half can of tomato, and tomato puree.
- Add the chili con carne to a bowl, garnish with spring onions, and cheese. Serve with nacho chips.